Monday, January 25, 2010

Whats coming up?

OK, In order to be healthy I decided I needed to get caught up on a few things besides just focusing on my weight. I sat down with a phone and made appointments. I made appointments for my mammogram, eye exam, physical and bereavement counseling. I feel really good about this. I want to focus on the whole me.

This week I am headed back to the gym. It is so hard to start back up when you haven't done it for several months. I know I will love it once I get going but that first visit is hard for me. Can't make it in until Wednesday so Wednesday is my goal.

I'm thinking a scale just might be easier to figure portions. I may just have to get one. I'm also thinking a pedometer should be on my shopping list.

Have a great week girls.

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

Looks like you are moving out of the baby step phase! These steps are HUGE!! WAY IMPRESSIVE!! So excited that you are taking care of all of you. I get the impression that you are quite the giver... so wonderful to see you taking care of yourself too! Good luck with all of your appointments. LEt us know how the gym treats you! ;o)

Ellura said...

I just read through all of your posts. All I can say is "wow" - you really went through a lot. I'm impressed, your attitude is wonderful. Good luck this month. My daughter is also in the comp. It really helps!

Anniemal said...

yeah for you mom!! I'm so happy to hear it, I can read your smile and see you feeling better with all the steps you are taking. Keep up the good work and as far as the gym, it helps me to make a little game plan before going in so that I'm not just starting at everything thinking.... what do I want to do. You can set up 4 stations of weights or exercises and do them for a minute, 1 min sit ups, 1 min squats, 1 min jumping jacks or side swiping things (you put your leg behind the other and then switch, kind looks like skiing), 1 min arm weights etc. Do a few rounds and set up another set of 4, walk on the tread for 15 min and go home. Full body and not too scary!