Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remember

Hi ladies, can't believe this week is gone already.  There are a few of you we haven't heard from this week.  Would love to know whats on your mind or happening in your day. 

Today is a big one - 9/11  Who could forget.  Peoples lives were changed forever. 


This week I have been beating myself up for being such a wimp and succumbing to every little bad behavior I'm wanting to avoid.  Then I think of how trivial this is.  I am so happy to be alive and live in this country.  To be able to do what I want, and not do what I don't want to.  To worship how and when I chose to.  To have all the food thats necessary and more than anyone could want right at my fingertips.  To have my family all happy, healthy and prosperous.  I know I want to be thinner but thats not so important that I should let it bring me down.  I let it get to me then I don't want to get out of bed, I eat anything in sight, and I won't get out there and move my butt.  And of course that is exactly what I shouldn't be doing.  It's crazy.


So I am going to work on putting things in perspective and enjoying my life.  I want to try to keep my frame of mind in a positive mode so I can stay out of the dumps.  Then I might be able to control my obsessive compulsive tendencies to eat sleep and be lazy (all in a big way).  


I have done really well with the water intake.  I haven't actually been keeping track as much as I want to so this week I plan on doing that to.  


I am thinking about joining the YMCA group that is like the biggest loser.  They have weekly weigh ins and meetings to discuss food etc.  You keep a food diary etc.  I'm kinda afraid (of what I don't know) but I think this may be what I need to get me to the gym and meet a few women that I can work out with.  It starts 9/22 


Wish me luck.  I will take determination that I haven't been able to find lately.  


Have a great day and week and remember how lucky we all are.



     

1 comment:

Anniemal said...

I'm reading this book right now that said the #1 thing you can do to be happy is be true to your word. We beat ourselves up more then anybody else. If we stick to our word and treat ourselves nice then we have no reason to be unhappy. (Plus a lot more on that topic) I see you beating yourself up week after week because you get excited, commit and then when it doesn't happen you get upset and beat yourself up. Try to start small, things that you know you can do that will actually make you feel happy. Take that 20min walk you promised yourself. Try out that class once a week at the YMCA. I think you could do amazing at the Biggest Loser and learn so much but I worry you will go back to beating yourself up if you compare yourself to the others. I think a goal to be nice to yourself is in order. :) This is internal work even more then it is external and you are doing that, so be proud of yourself to doing that work. You have all of our support, we love you and are rooting for you to cherish yourself and the body you are in.