Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March madness

Last time I told you about my trip and how food is such a problem and temptation while I'm gone.  I forgot to mention before the trip I had worked out a few of the days before leaving.  I did the elliptical and weight machines.  Well, when I was on my feet all day and loading and unloading stuff I was having horrible pain in my butt/leg/calf.  I'm guessing it was sciatica.  It was horrible.  It would come and go.  Sometimes I felt like I was having contractions.  The pain would start coming and then get really bad and then lighten up.  Felt like a combination of sciatica and shin splints.  So, this week I have been afraid to work out.  Could say I found a new excuse.  Anyway, has anyone had any experience with sciatica?  Should I push myself through it or wait until I don't feel it?  

It feels so good to be back home having my Visalus every day again.  Most the time when we are on the road we still try to do our shakes at least once a day.  This time we didn't get any shakes in and I really miss my shakes when I don't have them.  The shakes also keep my heartburn gone so needless to say I didn't enjoy the heartburn either.

I leave again next Wednesday so my challenge will be to do even better with food selection while on the road and make sure I get my shake a day in.

Congrats to the winners of our first month and good luck everyone on month 2!!

2 comments:

karenislosingforgood said...

Do you belong to a gym? Swimming is great for people with injuries.

FIDDLEGOAT PAMELLA said...

Sorry to hear about your pain. living with pain is not a happy way of it. You sound good though. Alway thinking about your choices. Happy to be back on VI shakes. I need to get some ice and get back on mine. on and off. It will be easier for me when it warms up.
Wish you felt better, don't work through it. Take time off from thing that aggravate it. It will come and go. love you sis.