I finally feel better. Got some antibiotic for my ear infection and sinus infection and feeling a bit more myself. I know Excuses, Excuses. I have way too many of them. Guess that should be a new goal; quit making so many excuses.
Hopefully feeling better will get me more motivated to get out of bed and get my butt moving. I haven't started working out to the videos yet like I planned but I have been getting out for a walk each day. Granted I need to make my walks longer but getting out is a start.
Haven't started my food journal but have been watching much more closely what I am eating and how much. Gonna try some of the suggestions I read about like saving 1/2 my meal for later. I really enjoy reading the blogs and all the positive remarks.
Oopps, I forgot my husband took me out to breakfast yesterday. I love to go out to breakfast. I need a lot more practice with control and restraint. I ordered like I usually do, eggs, bacon and french toast. All these years food has always been a reward, or used for a special event. I haven't quit grasped the idea that I can enjoy something that is good for me too. You don't want to spend your money on something you don't like as much as something you do. I have also grown up eating what is on my plate. No exceptions. In fact my sister and I would finish off everything that was left when we cleared the table after dinner. OMG I catch myself doing that now.
So, this week I will have to step it up a notch. Next week I plan on stepping it up two notches. Sorry, if it seems like I'm taking baby steps but I feel like I'm moving in the right direction now.
Keep up the great job everyone!!

4 comments:
No need to say sorry. This is your journey. We are here to support you and show you that you are worth it! Anything along this journey we are here for you.
You are taking steps in the right direction. Some people are really gun ho.. others are slow and steady. Slow and steady will still get you to your destination.. just avoid taking steps back! Congrats on changing small things! :o)
How do you know all this shit about yourself. See, Slow and steady not only gets to the same place , they remember a lot more and have time to figure out some things.
I love you an know you will do this. besides, we got to rock in our chairs when we are in our sponge bath years together.
Wow, so much about what you said rings true with me as well. i have always used food as a reward... infact my friend and i often compete with weight loss and the reward is who ever loses buys dinner! Sheesh. I was reading the part about clearing your plate. That's a hard one for me as well. It has taken years to break free from that habbit and to realize that when i'm full i can stop (even if that means half way through). One thing i will do is ask for a to go box... ask for it when they bring your food not after. then when you are full BOX IT UP! Close the lid, stack your plates and be done. One way that helped me to not just open the box and pick at it while everyone else ate was to drop my fork on the floor. I know it sounds silly but there is NO WAY i would pick that fork back up and eat off it. LOL. So give it a try and hope it will help.
Also, when you are clearing your kitchen table mix the left over food around. if you aren't going to keep it (box it up for later) then just hurry quickly and pile it all together into a pile of goo. you will have to move quickly and ignore the instinct that is shouting that you are "waisting food". It is NOT WORTH IT!. Soon that shout will turn into a small voice and soon it will shut up all together!
Good luck!
Post a Comment