Annie's comments on commitment really hit home. It made me realize I was just hap hazardly making goals and wishes but not really doing anything about it and not making any commitments to myself at all. I know I want to be thinner and I know some of the steps I need to take to get there but I just keep thinking I will get with it tomorrow or the next day. I make a few good choices here and there and a few bad choices here and there and pretty much just stay right where I'm at. I've decided this is a miserable way to be because I'm not reaping the benefits of the life changes I want to make and I'm not getting to do the total opposite either. I've been hanging in the middle. I know I felt better when I was getting to the gym (physically and emotionally). I know I feel better when I eat light and stay away from white flour and sugar. I know I just feel depressed when I'm not doing anything about my unhealthy predicament. So here and now I need to commit to myself and to my dear friends (you girls) that I am going to do something about it.
My commitment:
I am going to lose 10 pounds. When that is gone I will start with another 10 and so on.
I am no longer wishing to lose weight. I am going to set myself up for success by making a plan and trying my best to stick to it.
I will drink at least 64oz of water a day
I will eat only whole wheat breads and keep that to a minimum
I will grocery shop with my health in mind. No junk in the basket - Lots of fruit and veggies
Stay away from sugar.
If a snack is needed in the evening only snack on something healthy and/or light. Optimally drink tea instead.
The biggy: Get moving. Plan on doing something physical minimum 5 days a week.
Get to the gym on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
BLOG EVERY WEEK to keep motivated and help my sista's on their journey.
Love you guys and good luck!
cindi

2 comments:
I like it Mom! I love the goal of 10, and then another 10. It's all with in reach! Set your movement small to just get you going cause I know me, if it's too big, I talk myself out of it. Sadly like I did today. I knew the class would drain me so I skipped it and now I'm sitting in regret... sigh... There is no amount of excercise that can replace a good diet, I have missed 4 days of working out and am down another .5lbs. Doesn't sound like much but diet is really the most important and sounds like you can tackle that. If I miss the gym (hardest part for me) I can still lose with the food. Love you!
Your goals sound very realistic to me, I know once you get your mind into this it's going to happen for you.
Post a Comment